An armed Texan has stopped another criminal scumbag from commiting a robbery and the good people in Houston are pleased. The behavior of the felon led directly to his death. We discuss this in detail during our SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters.
In case you missed it, the 5th Circuit Court has ruled that the “AFT” overstepped their authority by declaring bump stocks to be the same as machine guns. This ruling is about far more than a gun part.
We have a Duracoat Finished Firearm segment for you as well as a Brownells Bullet Points moment. Professor Paul will talk about AR triggers and why which one you choose matters.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:00:00] 6 Year Anniversary of Paul & Jarrad starting Barbell Logic studentofthegun.com/bloc
- Happy Birthday Jarrad! (01/11)
- [0:08:24] DuraCoat Finished Firearms – DuraCoat University (SHOT Booth 20127)
- TOPIC: Get it (while it’s) HOT
- Huge thanks to our Partners:SDS Imports | Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat Firearm Finishes | Hi-Point Firearms
- [0:20:00] Brownells Bullet Points – Brownells.com
- TOPIC: 2 Stage Triggers on Fighting Rifles? Competition Triggers on Fighting Rifles?
- [0:30:08] SOTG Homeroom – CrossbreedHolsters.com (SHOT Booth 15029)
- TOPIC: Man who robbed taqueria was shot, killed by customer: Houston police www.chron.com
- Use the Code on ShopSOTG.com: taqueria
- Receive 33% OFF the cost of an Armed Living DVD
- [1:01:00] 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock ban www.reuters.com
FEATURING: Barbell Logic, Reuters, Chron, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
The Houston Police Department announced that an attorney who reportedly represents a customer who shot and killed a man who robbed a southwest Houston taqueria last week informed them over the weekend that his client is now ready to speak with investigators, per a report from KHOU 11. The shooting happened just before 11:30 p.m. Thursday at Ranchito Taqueria on S. Gessner near Bellaire Boulevard.
HPD has been searching for the customer who was captured on surveillance video shooting the robber, a clip that was widely shared on social media over the weekend. On Friday, HPD released photos of the man and his pickup truck in the hopes that the public could help identify him. The man is not charged with a crime at this time, but police said they want to speak with him about his role in the shooting.
A U.S. appeals court on Friday struck down a rule the Trump administration had adopted following a 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting that banned “bump stocks,” devices that allow people to rapidly fire multiple rounds from semi-automatic guns.
In a 13-3 decision, the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said that despite “tremendous” public pressure to impose a ban, it was up to the U.S. Congress rather than the president to take action.
While the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms (ATF) and Explosives had interpreted a law banning machineguns as extending to bump stocks, U.S. Circuit Judge Jennifer Walker Elrod said the law did not unambiguously prohibit them.
[Q] What is a 2 Stage Trigger?
[A] A 2-stage trigger is when you pull the trigger without the rifle firing immediately. It allows you to pull the slack out of the trigger before dropping the hammer. This can be beneficial for precision rifle shooting, due to the high power optics that are likely on the rifle. If you are “fast” shooting, like 3-gun competition, you will want a single stage trigger. A single stage trigger is a trigger that drops the hammer with a pull of the trigger, no slack is available.
What about a fighting rifle? We do not recommend putting match triggers in fighting rifles because the spring tension is reduced which means the hammer strikes are more likely to be light. Fighting ammo is specifically made with hard primers because it needs to be robust.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Growing Resilience w/ Todd Dwyer & Scott Hambrick | SOTG 1174 - February 1st, 2023
- Para Bellum & SHOT After-Action | SOTG 1173 - January 25th, 2023
- SHOT Show 2023: So Far, So Good & No Ugly Guns | SOTG 1172 - January 18th, 2023
- Armed Texan Stops Robbery & Court Voids Bump Stock Ban | SOTG 1171 - January 11th, 2023
- CPR Kills & Hi-Point 10mm | SOTG 1170 - January 4th, 2023