Paul and Jarrad are back from a wilderness survival seminar and they will share their after-action thoughts with us. Do you know the top 3 priorities for surviving out in the wild?
During our Duracoat Finished Firearm segment, we will discuss corrosion resistance and the idea of marine firearms. For our Brownells Bullet Points Professor Paul will offer some advice regarding training with your gear.
Finally, for our SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters, we consider the failed strategy of defense. Should we take advice from those who would put our lives in danger? Can one punch kill you?
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:05:25] DuraCoat Finished Firearms – DuraCoat University
- TOPIC: Marine Finish Gun or Duracoat?
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
SDS Imports | Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat Firearm Finishes | Hi-Point Firearms
- How to Rack Your Weights Video – juxxi.com/video/
- [0:28:05] Brownells Bullet Points – Brownells.com
- TOPIC: Until You Train with Your Gear, You Really Don’t Know What it’s All About
- Read the ARMED Project article
- Brand New L.M.I.T. Kits, available NOW – www.PocketLifeSaver.com
- [0:45:55] SOTG Homeroom – CrossbreedHolsters.com
- TOPIC: Former Australian surfer Chris Davidson dies after being punched outside pub www.cnn.com/2022
- Never Throw the First Punch: the Failed Strategy of Defense www.studentofthegun.com
- [0:55:45] Wilderness Survival After-Action
- Surviving for 72 Hours with Nothing
- If you can survive for that long, you’ll be found as long as you tell someone where you’re supposed to be.
- Boiling Water will Kill Most Harmful Pathogens
FEATURING: CNN, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
FIND US ON: Juxxi, Parler, MeWe.com, Gettr, iTunes, Stitcher, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
To depend strictly upon defense means that there is not enough strength of purpose in your heart.
-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, Book Four
Never throw the first punch and Fire only if fired upon are two pieces of pseudo-tactical advice thrown out so often that people now merely parrot the phrases without ever thinking about what they mean. When examined at the basic level the advice is given by those who will not be involved in the conflict. Parents tell their kids “never throw the first punch” and Military Officers issue orders for their troops to “fire only if fired upon”.
In both of the previous examples, the parent or the military officer, neither party is likely to be in actual physical jeopardy when their advice is applied. Nonetheless, telling others to exercise restraint, even to the point of putting them in harm’s way, is on the face both reasonable and civilized.
In a perfect world, the first punch doesn’t maim you and the first incoming rounds don’t kill you. Thus, exercising restraint puts one on the moral high ground. However, is this strategy valid or does it simply embolden and enable the aggressor?
The Shipping Ogre
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Gunsite w/ SDS Day 1 – Michael Bane, Mike Detty & Dave Biggers | SOTG 1181 - March 22nd, 2023
- What’s Up Your Nose & Zebra Attack in Ohio | SOTG 1180 - March 15th, 2023
- Concealed Carry Insurance & More w/ XINSURANCE feat. Rick J. Lindsey | SOTG 1179 - March 8th, 2023
- Drop your Phone and Fight: Woman Fights Off Gym Attacker in Tampa | SOTG 1178 - March 1st, 2023
- Concealed Carrier Stops Texas Mall Attacker & Continue Growing Resilience | SOTG 1177 - February 22nd, 2023