Yes, we can finally report that it is official, Texas Governor Abbott has signed the legislation making the Republic of Texas the 21st state in the union to formally recognize the inalienable right to keep and bear arms.
During our Brownells Bullet Points segment, we follow up on last week’s brief discussion about the commemorative Henry Rifle built to memorialize an American hero. We’ll tell you how you can get one.
Also, for our SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters, a kidnapper was stopped at an Iowa elementary school by a lawfully armed citizen. No, it was not a plastic sign that stopped a man from kidnapping an 11 year old girl, but a good guy with a gun did.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
• Amazon Smile: Star Treatments smile.amazon.com
• [0:04:15] Brownells Bullet Points – brownells.com
—-• TOPIC: Brownells Offers Limited Edition Henry Rifle https://bit.ly/3q8zbvg
• Huge thanks to our Partners:
Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | SWAT Fuel
• [0:14:26] SOTG Homeroom – www.studentofthegun.com/crossbreed
—-• TOPIC: Armed school employee stops attempted kidnapping of 11 y.o. girl www.kctv5.com
• [0:24:45] FPC Applaud Texas Governor Greg Abbott for Signing Constitutional Carry www.ammoland.com
• [0:36:57] Marjorie Taylor Greene Looks to Abolish ATF, Decries ‘War on Gun Owners’ www.newsweek.com
FEATURING: KCTV5, Ammoland, News Week, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells, Inc., CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, SWAT Fuel
FIND US ON: Full30, Parler, MeWe.com, iTunes, Stitcher, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Firearms Policy Coalition announced that Texas Governor Greg Abbott signed the FPC-supported H.B. 1927 into law, enacting “constitutional carry” (i.e., permitless carry) in the Lone Star state. Texas is now the twenty-first state to enact such legislation.
Under the new law, which takes effect on September 1, Texans aged 21 and older will no longer need a license to carry either open or concealed, though individuals must be legally eligible to possess handguns and cannot have been convicted in the last five years for misdemeanor bodily assault causing injury, deadly conduct, terroristic threats, or disorderly conduct. Carry licenses will still be available to eligible individuals who wish to acquire a license for various purposes, such as compliance with federal law prohibiting firearm possession in school zones, 18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(2).
Georgia Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene is looking to get rid of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), in an effort to protect gun owners from a “tyrannical, power hungry group of bureaucrats.”
Greene, a staunch advocate for Second Amendment rights, introduced legislation on Thursday that would abolish the ATF and repeal regulations and guidance issued after August 2020. The legislation comes as Republicans push back on Dave Chipman, President Joe Biden’s nominee to head the ATF, who they see as a threat to the right to own firearms.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Para Bellum & SHOT After-Action | SOTG 1173 - January 25th, 2023
- SHOT Show 2023: So Far, So Good & No Ugly Guns | SOTG 1172 - January 18th, 2023
- Armed Texan Stops Robbery & Court Voids Bump Stock Ban | SOTG 1171 - January 11th, 2023
- CPR Kills & Hi-Point 10mm | SOTG 1170 - January 4th, 2023
- 2022 in Review – Best Of Omnibus | SOTG 1169 - December 28th, 2022