An Oregon teacher put the lives of his students before his own and confronted and disarmed a student who brought a gun to school. This act of bravery flies in the face of the anti-gun crowd who say that teachers cannot be trusted to make life or death decision regarding the safety of children.
During our Brownells Bullet Points discussion, Paul and Jarrad consider magazines. We all know that the magazine will wear out over time and need to be replaced. Is there a time that magazines can be repaired, and how can we do that?
For this week’s SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters, we consider the importance of being able to be dangerous on demand. A young father lost his life because he was not able to be dangerous on demand and one police officer is alive today because he had the training and carried the gear. We have lessons to learn.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Brownells Bullet Points – brownells.com
- TOPIC: Magazines, Repair or Replace?
- Brownells has new followers and springs
- Springs: www.brownells.com/magazine-springs
- Followers: www.brownells.com/magazine-followers
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- SOTG Homeroom brought to you by Crossbreed Holsters
- TOPIC: Father dies trying to save his family www.wdsu.com
- Shot Officer Ties Tourniquet On Leg, Goes Back In To Rescue Hostage defensemaven.io
- ‘Hero’ coach disarms Oregon student who brought loaded gun to school abc13.com
- New Report From Crime Prevention Research Center Shows 11.1 Million Americans Hold Concealed Carry Permits crimeresearch.org
FEATURING: WDSU, Defense Maven, ABC13, Brownells, Crossbreed Holsters, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Silencer Shop, Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Security video above shows a car speeding from the home of a father killed while defending his wife and children
A cash reward of $25,000 is being offered for information on the shooting death of an Australian man who died protecting his family during a home invasion in Texas.
Brenton Estorffe, 29, was killed during a break-in at his Katy home Wednesday, according to a release from the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office. Two male suspects allegedly broke into Estorffe’s home late Wednesday night by sneaking through a back window, police said.
Lower Swatara Township Police Officer Timonty Shea displayed incredible bravery after he was shot on Monday night.
Lower Swatara Township, PA – A police officer who was shot while responding to a domestic dispute call on Monday night tied a tourniquet on his own leg and went back in to help rescue a hostage after he was hit.
The incident began when officers responded to a call for a man holding a woman against her will at a trailer park on Bentley Lane near the Middletown line in Dauphin County, the Patriot-News reported.
New video shows the tense moments when an Oregon high school football coach disarmed a student roaming the campus with a loaded shotgun earlier this year.
The dramatic surveillance footage obtained by ABC station KATU shows coach Keanon Lowe walking out of the classroom with one hand on the gun and the other on the student. Lowe then hands the gun off and hugs the student, Angel Granados-Diaz.
Lowe can be seen talking to Granados-Diaz as he slowly backs him away from the classroom while students run to safety. Lowe then holds Granados-Diaz in place before police come to take him into custody.
A copy of our newest report is available here. Copies of our annual reports from 2014 through 2018 are available here.
The number of concealed handgun permits has increased for the third year in a row. The figure now stands at over 18.66 million– a 304% increase since 2007. It’s also an 8% increase over the number of permits we counted a year ago in 2018. Unlike gun ownership surveys that may be affected by people’s unwillingness to answer personal questions, concealed handgun permit data is the only really “hard data” that we have. Sixteen states are missing from the data because people there don’t even need a permit to carry.
The Shipping Ogre
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Rick J. Lindsey w/ XINSURANCE & Green Mountain Boys | SOTG 1190 - May 24th, 2023
- What is Combat Accuracy? & American Outdoor News | SOTG 1189 - May 17th, 2023
- Stop The Bleed Month & No Cash, No Liberty, No Guns | SOTG 1188 - May 10th, 2023
- The Hoth Report – Full Series - May 4th, 2023
- Real Women No Longer Safe & Special Guest the Pew Pew Jew | SOTG 1187 - May 3rd, 2023