‘Rona Panic: Follow the Money
Follow the money. That advice applies to many situations and it certainly now applies to the CoronaVirus pandemic. Who would stand to benefit from Orange County, CA overinflating the number of CV-19 cases? We will tell you just how much money California received.
Also, who is financially benefiting from mandatory mask orders? Who are the big companies making masks and which politicians are getting money from those companies?
Remember the new book from our friend and author, Nicholas Orr. Sin City, the Operator, Book 2 is out as a Kindle version and Amazon paperback.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- Sin City; The Operator Book 2, fiction for fans https://amzn.to/2ZSi7Nk
- Warrior of the Week
- Go to www.swatfuel.com and use Promo Code “SOTG”
- TOPIC: From Asker’s Full Name – *Full Question*
- Get a Free Bottle of 9mm+P | Question Post in The Liberty Mastermind
- Call 844-207-7684
- Ask a clear and concise question
- If we choose your question…Email [email protected] with Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Email
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Brownells | Crossbreed | Duracoat | SWAT Fuel
- Orange County inflated its coronavirus test numbers by mistakenly including antibody tests www.msn.com/en-us/news/
- Follow The Money
- How much federal COVID-19 aid are hospitals getting? www.beckershospitalreview.com
- Exclusive: Investments give lawmakers personal stake in biotech, health care www.statnews.com/2015
- Political donations by medical supply companies www.opensecrets.org/industries/indus.php?ind=H4100
- 3M Political Donations www.opensecrets.org
- Chris Collins again asks to delay start of prison sentence due to COVID-19 news.wbfo.org/post
- Face Mask Market 2020: Top Countries Data, Industry Brief Analysis by Market Size, Defination, Trends, Driving Factors by Manufacturers With Forecast 2025 www.marketwatch.com/press-release
FEATURING: MSN, Beckers Hospital Review, Stat News, WBFO, Open Secrets, Market Watch, SWAT Fuel, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Crossbreed Holsters, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr
The total number of COVID-19 tests conducted in Orange County was mistakenly inflated for more than a month beginning in late April in data released to the public, an error that may have painted a rosier picture of the pandemic than the reality in the region.
For roughly five weeks, county staff incorrectly added 30,000 serology tests to its “cumulative tests to date” figure, which made it appear that more testing for the virus was happening was the case.
The cumulative testing figure reported by the county is supposed to be a count of how many diagnostic tests — which detect whether someone was infected with the virus at the moment of testing — were conducted countywide, Dr. Clayton Chau, director of the Orange County Health Care Agency and the county’s interim health officer, said during a media briefing Thursday.
As the U.S. population ages, the market for medical supplies only grows. This industry category includes both medical supplies manufacturers and dealers – firms that design and market everything from bedpans and artificial limbs to high-tech equipment for both home and hospital use. Traditionally, the industry’s primary interests in Washington have been in the activities of two agencies: the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the Food and Drug Administration.
The industry’s rise to prominence in terms of both lobbying and campaign contributions began early in the Obama administration’s first term and was largely driven by the debate over the overhaul of the health insurance system.
The medical supplies industry’s lobbying outlays peaked in 2014, when it spent just under $32.9 million. While the numbers have declined slightly since then, they remain above pre-Obama era levels, with these interests spending almost $31.9 million on federal lobbying in 2015.
NOTE: The organization itself did not donate, rather the money came from the organization’s PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals’ immediate family members. Organizations themselves cannot contribute to candidates and party committees. Totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.
Top 5 Donations:
- Sanders, Bernie. Total: $28,054
- Klobuchar, Amy. Total: $23,875
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte. Total: $21,416
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte. Total: $18,386
- National Republican Senatorial Cmte. Total: $17,143
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Supreme Court Spanks New York, Now What? | SOTG 1144 - June 28th, 2022
- Disarmed by Lies & Uvalde PD Lawyers Up | SOTG 1143 - June 22nd, 2022
- Locked and Loaded Crossword #5 - June 17th, 2022
- Locked and Loaded Crossword #4 - June 17th, 2022
- Locked and Loaded Crossword #3 - June 17th, 2022