The Cornhusker State is about to become the 27th member of the Constitutional Carry club. The Nebraska House passed the “permitless carry” bill and sent it to the Governor who has said that he will sign it.
Are you ready to get creative and show off your talents? During the Duracoat Finished Firearm segment, we will announce a new Duracoating contest. Yes, there are cool prizes. We visited the Brownells HQ last week. If you are planning to go, check the road conditions.
We have even more interviews from the NRA Annual Meeting and Exhibits held in Indianapolis, IN. We have Rachel from Night Fision, David from MKS Supply / Hi-Point, and our old friend John Bailey who will tell us what is new at EOTech.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:06:00] DuraCoat Finished Firearms – DuraCoat University
- TOPIC: We saw some sexy HiPoints at NRA and now you can show off yours
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat Firearm Finishes | Hi-Point Firearms
- [0:20:05] Brownells Bullet Points – Brownells.com
- TOPIC: Quick Stop in Grinnell Iowa exit 182, check for updates
- AVAILABLE NOW: The Four Pillars of Fighting – by James Yeager ShopSOTG.com
- [0:37:41] SOTG Homeroom – CrossbreedHolsters.com
- TOPIC: Nebraska Lawmakers Pass Permitless Carry Bill townhall.com
- More NRA Annual Meeting Interviews:
- [0:45:54] David from MKS Supply / HiPoint
- [1:09:24] Rachel from Night Fision
- [1:39:04] John Bailey from EOTech
FEATURING: Townhall.com, MKS Supply, Hi-Point Firearms, Night Fision, John Bailey, EOTech, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
FIND US ON: Juxxi, Parler, MeWe.com, Gettr, iTunes, Stitcher, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
On Wednesday, lawmakers in Nebraska passed a bill allowing residents to carry concealed guns in the state without a permit.
Opponents of the bill filibustered for 14 hours over three rounds of debate. The bill was opposed primarily by lawmakers in the areas of Omaha and Lincoln, where the majority of gun violence in the state occurs. The bill ended up passing 33-14 (via the Associated Press):
The bill does not usurp the federal requirement for a background check to buy a gun, and those with a history of crime or mental health issues that bar them from possessing a gun would still be barred under the Nebraska bill. But it allows eligible people to carry guns hidden in their clothing or vehicle without having to pay for a government permit or take a gun safety course, which is currently required. It also overrides stricter gun laws in the state’s cities, including in the state’s largest city of Omaha, which requires a conceal carry license for anyone carrying a gun in a car — even if the gun is in open view.
Sen. Tom Brewer of Gordon — the bill’s conservative sponsor who has tried since 2017 to pass it — expressed frustration with the yearslong opposition to it and said his sole purpose was to ensure Nebraskans are afforded their constitutional right to carry guns.
The Shipping Ogre
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Rick J. Lindsey w/ XINSURANCE & Green Mountain Boys | SOTG 1190 - May 24th, 2023
- What is Combat Accuracy? & American Outdoor News | SOTG 1189 - May 17th, 2023
- Stop The Bleed Month & No Cash, No Liberty, No Guns | SOTG 1188 - May 10th, 2023
- The Hoth Report – Full Series - May 4th, 2023
- Real Women No Longer Safe & Special Guest the Pew Pew Jew | SOTG 1187 - May 3rd, 2023