In a stunning move to combat violent crime in California, the LAPD Chief has a new tactic; cooperate and comply. That’s right, LA’s top cop gets $300 Grand a year to tell the citizens to just be good victims and call 911 after they’ve been robbed.
During our SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters we have a story about not being dangerous on demand. Crime is so bad in California that news crews are hiring armed security. How did that work out in the Bay Area?
Also, during our Brownells Bullet Points segment, Professor Paul has an update on his winter gun build project. The topic this week is springs or more aptly, spare springs.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
• [0:05:40] Brownells Bullet Points – Brownells.com
– TOPIC: Winter Gun Build Update – Spare Springs www.brownells.com
Huge thanks to our Partners:
SDS Imports | Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | Hi-Point Firearms
• [0:25:47] SOTG Homeroom – CrossBreedHolsters.com
– TOPIC: Security guard killed while protecting news crew covering a flash mob robbery in Oakland twitchy.com/brettt-3136
• [0:41:40] LAPD Tells Citizens ‘We Can’t Help You, So Cooperate and Comply with Criminals and Be a Good Witness’ www.thetruthaboutguns.com
FEATURING: Twitchy.com, Truth About Guns, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
Los Angeles residents are living through a nightmare scenario. The local district attorney announced he’s releasing a 24-year-old convicted murderer after serving only six years of a 50-year sentence. [ LAPD Chief is ], at the same time, telling everyone, including would-be criminals, that they’re unable to quickly respond to calls for help and that crime victims should just “cooperate and comply” with the perpetrators.
That’s on top of the fact that California has some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, all obstacles to law-abiding citizens wanting to buy a firearm for protection.
The Los Angeles Police Department tweeted a warning that they’re in the midst of a surging crime wave, including increased so-called “follow-home” burglaries. That’s where a criminal watches their victim leave a store, follows them home then robs them.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Growing Resilience w/ Todd Dwyer & Scott Hambrick | SOTG 1174 - February 1st, 2023
- Para Bellum & SHOT After-Action | SOTG 1173 - January 25th, 2023
- SHOT Show 2023: So Far, So Good & No Ugly Guns | SOTG 1172 - January 18th, 2023
- Armed Texan Stops Robbery & Court Voids Bump Stock Ban | SOTG 1171 - January 11th, 2023
- CPR Kills & Hi-Point 10mm | SOTG 1170 - January 4th, 2023