What does Professor Paul consider to be the 3 stupid or detrimental things that gunmakers keep putting on Defensive Pistols that are supposed to be for self-defense? Why does this keep happening? Is there a solution?
Are you sick of shopping online and have to wade through page after page of “out of stock” items? Brownells feels your pain and has decided to do something about that.
During our SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters, we consider the newest offering from Smith & Wesson in the concealed carry category. As an added bonus, we remind you about the fighting sights available for said pistol.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
• [0:03:55] Brownells Bullet Points – brownells.com
– • TOPIC: The Armory https://bit.ly/2ONxxRv
• Huge thanks to our Partners:
Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | SWAT Fuel
• [0:18:42] SOTG Homeroom – CrossBreedHolsters.com
– • TOPIC: New S&W Shield, improved with Night Fision Accur8™ Sights: www.studentofthegun.com
• [0:30:23] Marvel Dumbness – Firing the Whole Bullet
• [0:35:00] 3 Stupid Things Gunmakers Keep Putting on Defensive Pistols
– • 3-Dot Sights
– • Oversized Controls
– • Carving Holes into Slides
– • Holes in Magazines
FEATURING: Night Fision, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Crossbreed Holsters, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes
FIND US ON: Full30, Parler, MeWe.com. iTunes, Stitcher, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
“If it wasn’t a good idea, the manufacturer would not have put it there.” That was the response I received from an acquaintance when I ranted about stupid things that gunmakers put on their pistols.
To be fair, I would never attempt to question a firearms manufacturer with 100 years experience when it comes to safe chamber pressures, the correct use of rifling, or how to harden and temper steel.
Nonetheless, there is a difference between making something that works and using said object in the field. Throughout history, there have been myriad products that looked good on the engineer’s table, but were miserable failures in the real world.
John Denver died because the engineers of the new airplane he was flying put the auxiliary fuel tank switch in a place where it was very difficult for the pilot to reach.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Teen Murdered for Being “Extremist Republican” | SOTG 1156 - September 28th, 2022
- Canadian VA Suggests Vet Kill Himself & Never Surrender | SOTG 1155 - September 21st, 2022
- Woman Beheaded as Neighbors Watched | SOTG 1154 - September 14th, 2022
- Armed Citizen in Detroit & Goodbye to a Brother | SOTG 1153 - September 7th, 2022
- Shower Guns & Free Rifles! | SOTG 1152 - August 31st, 2022