A bill is working its way through the Texas State House that would preempt and nullify Federal gun control and confiscation within the borders of the state. We will discuss the bill and suggest that every free state in the nation passes similar measures to protect their people from the criminals in DC.
What is our Duracoat Finished Firearm of the week? Professor Paul has a handgun to discuss with you. This one is a bit unique. Listen louder, you might learn something new.
Also, what do the founding documents of the United States say is the role and purpose of government? You might be surprised to learn that the government is not supposed to be your daddy or your savior.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
• Send an Email
• Send a Text
• Call Us
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
• [0:01:14] Government is a necessary evil, meant to be limited in their powers.
• [0:07:09] Finished Firearms – DuraCoat Firearm Finishes
• TOPIC: M1911A1 Llama .45acp
• Check out DuraCoat University: www.duracoatfirearmfinishes.com
• Huge thanks to our Partners:
Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | SWAT Fuel
• [0:21:25] What about SOCOM Marines being issued 1911s?
• [0:24:48] Texas House Committee Passes Bill to Ban State Enforcement of Future Federal Gun Control blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com
FEATURING: DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells, Inc., CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, SWAT Fuel
FIND US ON: Full30, Parler, MeWe.com. iTunes, Stitcher, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Today, a Texas House committee passed a bill that would ban state and local enforcement of any new federal gun control, a major step toward bringing such federal acts to an end within the state.
Rep. Justin Holland (R-Rockwall) introduced House Bill 2622 (HB2622) on March 17. Since then, it has garnered 49 additional cosponsors and the support of Gov. Greg Abbott.
The proposed law would prohibit any Texas governmental agency, including state and local police departments, from contracting with or in any other manner providing assistance to a federal agency or official with respect to the enforcement of a federal statute, order, rule, or regulation purporting to regulate a firearm, a firearm accessory, or firearm ammunition if the statute, order, rule, or regulation imposes a prohibition, restriction, or other regulation, such as a capacity or size limitation or a registration requirement, that does not exist under the laws of the state of Texas.
“We can’t rely on the Federal Government to lead on this issue and in reality — they will do vastly more harm than good for gun rights,” Holland said in a news release announcing the introduction of the bill.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Rally House Employee saved by Good Samaritan with TQ | SOTG 1217 - November 29th, 2023
- Thanksgiving Message & Best Of Celebrity Interviews | SOTG 1216 - November 22nd, 2023
- Winter Training & Nashville Police Follow Up | SOTG 1215 - November 15th, 2023
- Pistol Class Lessons Learned & Protect Your Schools | SOTG 1214 - November 8th, 2023
- SOTGU & How to Shoot Better than a Navy Seal | SOTG 1213 - November 1st, 2023