Who makes the perfect Texas hog rifle? Is there such a thing? Professor Paul has taken his fair share of feral hogs in the Republic of Texas. We will consider some qualities of the rifle that would make it a good choice of day or night hunting.
For our Brownell’s Bullet Points segment, we will consider night vision. What is available today and how far have we come in the last 25 years?
During our SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters we will examine a potentially deadly home invasion. Do you remember all of the rules of gunfighting? How about the first two rules?
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:07:31] DuraCoat Finished Firearms – DuraCoat University
- TOPIC: What Camo for your Hog Rifle? East Texas or West Texas?
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Brownells | Crossbreed Holsters | Duracoat Firearm Finishes | FrogLube | Hi-Point Firearms
- [0:22:05] Brownells Bullet Points – Brownells.com
- Don’t Forget! Right now on our store, order a LifeSaver Water Purifier, get 10-20 FREE Liquid IV Hydration Packers! – ShopSOTG.com
- [0:50:38] SOTG Homeroom – CrossbreedHolsters.com
- TOPIC: Bring a Gun, Bring a Friend with a Gun www.thetruthaboutguns.com
- [0:57:15] Texas Hog Hunting: Day or Night w/ One Rifle studentofthegun.com
FEATURING: The Truth About Guns, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Brownells Inc, Crossbreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, FrogLube, Hi-Point Firearms
McDonald County, Missouri is in the extreme southwest part of the state, hard on the borders of Oklahoma and Arkansas. It’s an Ozark county populated by people who declared their independence from the state in 1961. In short, they’re not people you want to mess with.
If only a would-be burglar knew a little more about McDonald County before he let himself into a local home last week.
Two homeowners came home at about 9:30pm to find 62-year-old James Garrett skulking around their Tiff City house. Both were armed when the intruder took a shot at them. They then returned fire and both hit their target.
Thanks to the combined efforts of Hernando Cortez and Sir Walter Raleigh, hogs have been native to the United States of America for over four hundred years now. Those who make a living selling ham and bacon are grateful for that fact. However, those whose crops and fields are devastated by feral hogs, not so much.
The southern and central US has become the perfect breeding ground for feral pigs with Texas holding the distinctive title of high wild hog population. When I started hunting hogs in the Lone Star State, around 2010, the Texas hog population was pushing 2 million. Today, that number is pushing 3 million with an estimated 6 million plus spread out across various states.
For those wishing to hone their skills in the field with a rifle, Texas is definitely the land of opportunity. Feral hog season is open all year long, day or night.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- You are the Operating System & Brian w/ Tactical Response | SOTG 1208 - September 27th, 2023
- More Bear Attacks & Tactical Response | SOTG 1207 - September 20th, 2023
- New Mexico Tyrant & Instrument of Liberty | SOTG 1206 - September 13th, 2023
- Lexington & Concord Rifle from Spike’s Tactical - September 12th, 2023
- Should NJ Have Insurance? w/ Rick Lindsey | SOTG 1205 - September 6th, 2023