If you needed one more reason to get your kids out of public schools, Baltimore, Maryland has one for you. Be warned, what the Superintendent of the Rockville Schools had to say after outraged parents spoke out against the rape of a 14 year old girl may infuriate you.
During our much needed Quiet Time Moment from SilencerShop.com, Professor Paul will discuss raising fearless children in a cowardly world. This subject is as timely now as it has ever been. Listen louder.
Brought to you by Silencer Shop!
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Rapists should have been deported – Suspects in Rockville rape case were detained at U.S.-Mexico border in 2016: www.baltimoresun.com
- Angry Parents are Racists: Seriously – In Wake of Rockville Rape, School Superintendent Accuses Parents of Racism: https://townhall.com
- Chicago Facebook Live gang rape: Suspects sought as family speaks out: www.foxnews.com
- Team Honey Badger: Raising Fearless Kids in a Cowardly World: http://bit.ly/team-honey-badger-book-sotg-563
Free “Five Strategies” Book
Use Code “SOTG2015”
Please visit www.SilencerShop.com and take a look at what they have in stock!
Get Your Student of the Gun Tattoo Here: www.lauerweaponry.com
The two teenagers accused of raping a ninth-grader at Rockville High School last week were among tens of thousands of young people who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally in 2016.
Jose Montano was searching for his uncle; Henry Sanchez Milian, for his dad.
Traveling separately, each was apprehended by federal border agents and targeted for deportation proceedings.
But after time in federal custody, each was allowed to join relatives in Maryland, two more individuals in a backlogged, secretive immigration system who would put down roots in this country long before their first day in court.
Last Thursday, Montano, 17, and Sanchez Milian, 18, allegedly took turns raping a 14-year-old girl in a high school bathroom. They have become the public face of an immigration debate raging in this country, fueled by President Trump’s rhetoric about “rapists” and “bad hombres.”
Critics have sharply questioned why the United States has admitted more than 150,000 unaccompanied minors, mostly from Central America, in the past three years, crowding immigration courts and public schools. This week, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, called it “a kind of amnesty.”
But the superintendent of Montgomery County Schools and advocates said politicians should not judge immigrant children seeking a better life for themselves by one disturbing case.
“The unaccompanied minors are overwhelmingly young people who are coming here fleeing horrific circumstances of violence in their countries,” said Kim Propeack, political director at the immigrant advocacy group Casa.
A variety of U.S. government agencies have had contact with Montano and Sanchez Milian. Border agents held them first, and then, as the law requires, turned them over to Health and Human Services, which sheltered them and apparently released them to their guardians in Maryland.
The teens enrolled in public schools, which are required by federal law to admit them. School officials said they were in a special program for students who don’t speak English. They were not in classes with the alleged victim.
Border agents had given the teens notices to appear in immigration court. But Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which initiates deportation proceedings in immigration courts, never filed charges against Sanchez Milian, a court spokeswoman said. ICE officials said Wednesday that the teen was not a priority for deportation because he had no criminal record and “no known gang affiliations.”
ICE officials would not comment on Montano’s deportation case because he is a minor. He has been charged as an adult in the rape case.
In the wake of an alleged brutal rape at Rockville High School in Maryland by two illegal aliens last week, Montgomery County Superintendent Dr. Jack Smith is accusing parents of racism and xenophobia. He also claims threats are being made against students and schools.
“While I know this tragic incident has become part of a national political debate, I want to remind community members that the lives of real students have been forever affected,” Smith sent in an email Thursday morning. “While many have chosen to engage civilly in the conversation, far too many have crossed the line with racist, xenophobic calls and emails. MCPS is working with law enforcement to identify those who are making threats toward our students and schools. This behavior will not be tolerated in our community.”
Nowhere in the email was it mentioned the suspects are in the country illegally, with at least one facing deportation.
Parents have been protesting outside of Smith’s office in recent days and did not mince words about the situation during a public meeting Tuesday night. One parent said he took his daughter out of school last year because of an unsafe environment.
Smith avoided questions about the alleged sexual assault for days and had to be confronted by a reporter in the parking lot outside of his office before finally answering questions. He is in charge of 204 schools in the district.
Meanwhile, Republican Governor Larry Hogan is demanding answers.
“Why is an 18-year-old man in a class with 13 or 14-year-old girls? Why was his status not known to those folks? Why was he allowed to enter the country after he was picked up for illegally crossing the border—both of them? So there are a lot of questions,” Hogan told Fox 5. “My biggest concern is the Montgomery County School System and their lack of cooperation and the lack of information they’ve been providing. Not only have they refused to provide any information to us, but they’ve refused to provide information to the state Board of Education, which specifically requested more information.”
Chicago police were working Wednesday to identify whoever was involved in the apparent gang-rape of a 15-year-old girl that was streamed live for the world to watch on Facebook.
Interviews are ongoing but no formal suspects have been named, according to police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. On Twitter, he denied reports that a suspect had been arrested.
Guglielmi added that investigators were working to build a criminal case; no charges have been announced.
Police first learned of the attack after the girl’s mother approached Superintendent Eddie Johnson late Monday afternoon and showed him screenshots of the alleged assault. The teenager had been reported missing Sunday night after failing to return home from the store.
The horrifying attack was made even more disturbing because as many as 40 people watched the live feed showing up to six people sexually assaulted the teen and did not report it to the police.
The girl’s mother Stacey Elkins told WLS that the look on her daughter’s face when she saw the video was “just pure fear.”
“It was very, very graphic. She’s pulled toward the bed,” the girl’s uncle Reginald King, who first spotted the video, told the Chicago Tribune. “To have it put out there like that, publicly. It’s not right.”
He added: “It hurts me to my core because I was one of the last people to see her. I want to make sure this never happens to anybody else’s kids, and if that starts with taking down this one group, I’ll make that my life’s mission.”
King said a teenager alerted him of the assault. “This is one of the bravest things I’ve ever seen a kid do. There were adults who saw this. None of them had the wherewithal to day, ‘Hey, I gotta call someone.’”
The teenager was found walking about four blocks from her home on Tuesday and taken to the hospital for treatment.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the girl is a student at Lane College Prep High School, a selective enrollment magnet school. She had been reported missing for a few days last November before being safely reunited with her family.
Investigators know the number of viewers because the count was posted with the video. To find out who they were, though, investigators would have to subpoena Facebook and would need to “prove a nexus to criminal activity” to obtain such a subpoena, Guglielmi said.