We have hope for a brand new year. That hope lies in the Rights of Man. During today’s very special episode, we will consider the work of Thomas Paine; The Rights of Man. How does that apply to our world today?
During our Duracoat Finished Firearm segment, Professor Paul will display and discuss a winter white PX9 Gen3 pistol. In addition to the new finish, Paul made a couple of sight changes to the gun.
It’s a brand new year and we have some changes that we hope will improve the SOTG experience for all of our listeners. Tune in to find out what those changes are.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
• We’re Updating the Schedule!
– Live Streams are Discord Only from now on www.studentofthegun.com/discord
– We’re combining Mon & Wed’s Shows into one big Wednesday episode
– Still doing two Bonus Hour Episodes for the Grad Program www.GetSOTG.com
• DuraCoat Finished Firearms – DuraCoat University
– TOPIC: PX9 Gen3 Duracoat Mission Specific White
– A submission from 4-7 Cav in Discord – 6.5 Grendel (his first attempt)
• We’re on TikTok Now TikTok/@StudentOfTheGun
• Huge thanks to our Partners:
SDS Imports | Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | Hi-Point Firearms
• The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine https://amzn.to/3JvpdNQ
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
One of the great classics on democracy, Rights of Man was published in England in 1791 as a vindication of the French Revolution and a critique of the British system of government. In direct, forceful prose, Paine defends popular rights, national independence, revolutionary war, and economic growth—all considered dangerous and even seditious issues.
In his introduction, Eric Foner presents an overview of Paine’s career as a political theorist and pamphleteer and supplies essential background material to the Rights of Man. He discusses how Paine created a language of modern politics that brought important issues to the common man and the working classes and assesses the debt owed to Paine by the American and British radical traditions.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- More Bear Attacks & Tactical Response | SOTG 1207 - September 20th, 2023
- New Mexico Tyrant & Instrument of Liberty | SOTG 1206 - September 13th, 2023
- Lexington & Concord Rifle from Spike’s Tactical - September 12th, 2023
- Should NJ Have Insurance? w/ Rick Lindsey | SOTG 1205 - September 6th, 2023
- Galco SLC Sling - August 31st, 2023