How can we maintain our mental health during a crisis? Paul and Jarrad will spend some time closely examining and discussing purposeful and deliberate ways we can guard against depression and anxiety.
For our Duracoat Finished Firearm of the Week we will consider Professor Paul’s custom-built M24 style rifle. This .308 Winchester bolt-action rifle is finished in a desert digital pattern. Also, as a bonus Paul will relate why the rifle itself is a bit of a celebrity.
Also, how did the AR-15 become the most popular rifle in the United States? This was not always the case. We will consider what changed to make the black rifle number one.
Original Episode: 1084 | Original Air Date: 08/30/2021
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:05:14] The Dem’s Just Can’t Leave Us Alone
- New Video from Prof. Paul: www.full30.com/v/icy-page-w7ZnZ
- [0:22:06] DuraCoat Finished Firearms – DuraCoat University
- TOPIC: Desert Digital M24 from Tactical Rifles
- Where did you come across that sweet thing? – Ben V.
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
SDS Imports | Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | Hi-Point Firearms
- [0:38:53] How do we maintain our mental health during a crisis?
- How Professor Paul does it;
- Reading, Music, Gardening, Physical Training, Friends
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
Article: Barbell Training Saved My Life
As I sit to pen this piece about how barbell training saved my life, I have just completed a barbell training workout session and the oxygenated blood is flowing to my brain. It has been almost two years since I completed radiation treatment to destroy the cancerous tumor in my neck. I can honestly say that, without my coaches and the strength training program I underwent, I might not be here today.
In January of 2017, I was extremely fortunate to be invited to attend a strength training seminar put on by James Yeager at his school, Tactical Response, in Tennessee. James brought in Matt Reynolds, a world class strength trainer. Matt put us through a 2 day seminar and coached us in his Barbell Logic program.
We learned to perform the 4 basic barbell lifts properly; squat, deadlift, overhead/military press, and bench press. Mr. Reynolds also discussed proper diet, cardiovascular training as well as some supplemental exercises.
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- High Elevation Precision Rifle & He Shot My Arm Off! | SOTG 1149 - August 10th, 2022
- Gun Control is Built on Lies & Pistol Brace is NOT a Bump Stock | SOTG 1148 - August 3rd, 2022
- It is Training Season & Some Great Segments | SOTG 1147 - July 27th, 2022
- Indiana: Good Guy with a Gun Stops Mass Murder & SOTG Camo? | SOTG 1146 - July 20th, 2022
- The Empire State Strikes Back & Duracoat > Factory Finish | SOTG 1145 - July 13th, 2022