Unable to stay out of the news, Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack, proudly announced recently that the chain destroyed $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles” to keep them out of the hands of citizens. We have thoughts.
During our Brownell’s Bullet Points we consider the “Bubba’d up” rifle. Why would you need or want to have a red dot optic and a light mounted to a rifle?
For our SOTG Homeroom from Crossbreed Holsters, we have a “Go Team Moment”. A real estate agent was forced to save her life during an open house when a man produced a knife and rope. What are some of the lessons we can learn here?
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
Topics Covered During This Episode:
- Brownells Bullet Points – brownells.com
- TOPIC: “Bubba’d Up” Rifle? Why would you need a red dot and a light on your rifle?
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
Silencer Shop | Brownells | Century Arms | Crossbreed | Duracoat | Froglube | SWAT Fuel
- SOTG Homeroom brought to you by Crossbreed Holsters
- TOPIC: Go Team; Realtor uses Gun to Stop attacker tribunist.com
- Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of ‘Assault Rifles’ to Keep Them ‘Off the Street’ www.breitbart.com/politics
- Dick’s destroys $5 million in products instead of donating them to police www.lawenforcementtoday.com
FEATURING: Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul G. Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: Silencer Shop, Brownells Inc, Froglube, Crossbreed Holsters, Century Arms, SWAT Fuel, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes
FIND US ON: United Gun Group, iHeart Radio, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon, iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, YouTube, Full 30, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
Real estate agent Dawna Hetzler was setting up for an open house when a man arrived at the property. Initially, Hetzler didn’t think much of it, as he seemed like a potential buyer, asking the “right questions” and talking about loans. The man then asked to see the upstairs, and that’s when things took a turn.
The incident took place in Commerce City, Colorado, on August 4. According to a report by 9 News, the man – later identified by authorities as 43-year-old Ernest Robert Chrisman – arrived at the open house at about 11:30 am.
“He asked the right questions,” said Hetzler. “We talked about loans, what he had to qualify for.”
Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack told CBS News that his company destroyed $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles” to keep them out of private hands.
Dick’s announced a halt to “assault-style rifles” two weeks after the February 14, 2018, Parkland high school shooting.
On April 17, 2018, Breitbart News reported that Dick’s was destroying its “assault-style rifle” inventory, rather than returning the firearms to their manufacturers. Fox News quoted a spokesperson from Dick’s saying, “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”
The Shipping Ogre
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Rick J. Lindsey w/ XINSURANCE & Green Mountain Boys | SOTG 1190 - May 24th, 2023
- What is Combat Accuracy? & American Outdoor News | SOTG 1189 - May 17th, 2023
- Stop The Bleed Month & No Cash, No Liberty, No Guns | SOTG 1188 - May 10th, 2023
- The Hoth Report – Full Series - May 4th, 2023
- Real Women No Longer Safe & Special Guest the Pew Pew Jew | SOTG 1187 - May 3rd, 2023