In Arizona, a school was put on lockdown and police officers dispatched after a man was seen walking down the street. What was the man’s offense? What actions inspired the panic?
Can you outrun a charging bear? Should you even try? During our SOTG Homeroom from CrossBreed Holsters, we consider why you might want to be dangerous on demand in bear country.
Do you have a blued steel firearm that desperately needs a finish upgrade? Duracoat has a new Badass product for you. Also, during our Brownells Bullet Points we point out some critical items that are back in stock.
Thanks for being a part of SOTG! We hope you find value in the message we share. If you’ve got any questions, here are some options to contact us:
Enjoy the show! And remember…
You’re a Beginner Once, a Student For Life!
TOPICS COVERED THIS EPISODE
- [0:01:23] Is this Generation the most Dismissive of History?
- [0:12:30] DuraCoat Finished Firearms – DuraCoat University
- TOPIC: DuraBlue BAD ASS Coating
- [0:25:00] VP12 AK-Style Shotgun Review
- Huge thanks to our Partners:
SDS Imports | Brownells | CrossBreed | Duracoat | Hi-Point Firearms
- [0:35:39] Brownells Bullet Points – Brownells.com
- TOPIC: 5.56mm Ammo and 209 primers are back in stock, for now
- [0:52:52] SOTG Homeroom – CrossbreedHolsters.com
- TOPIC: Thirteen Yards in One Second: Why You Can Never Outrun a Charging Bear www.outdoorlife.com/blogs
- [1:13:00] Canes Look a Lot Like Rifles in Arizona and That’s That www.thetruthaboutguns.com
FEATURING: Truth About Guns, Outdoor Life, Madison Rising, Jarrad Markel, Paul Markel, SOTG University
PARTNERS: SDS Imports, Brownells Inc, CrossBreed Holsters, DuraCoat Firearm Finishes, Hi-Point Firearms
FIND US ON: Juxxi, Parler, MeWe.com, Gettr, iTunes, Stitcher, AppleTV, Roku, Amazon, GooglePlay, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, tumblr
A day after a Kingman [Arizona] school was placed on lockdown following an unconfirmed report of a man with a firearm in the vicinity, Bullhead City police were notified by two callers of a man walking with a rifle in the area of several Bullhead City schools.
It turns out that Friday’s calls apparently were in reference to a man on Hancock Road with a walking stick, not a firearm.
“The Bullhead City Police Department received two separate calls reporting a man walking in the area of Hancock Road armed with a rifle,” Emily Fromelt, the BCPD’s public information officer, said.
It seems like every spring here in Alaska, we are faced with stark reminders of how dangerous bears can be. Especially in the spring, after a winter of not really having to worry about it, we can get really complacent. It’s been a somewhat early spring here this year, and already there have been at least two confirmed maulings by either grizzlies or brown bears.
Even though I am in bear country frequently, and have had several close encounters, I also get complacent, because I know the chances are slim that I’ll be attacked when I’m unprepared. The unfortunate fact about bear attacks though, is that if we knew they were going to happen, they wouldn’t.
The Shipping Ogre
Latest posts by The Shipping Ogre (see all)
- Homesteading Tips & Hot Tub Death Machine | SOTG 1182 - March 29th, 2023
- Gunsite w/ SDS Day 1 – Michael Bane, Mike Detty & Dave Biggers | SOTG 1181 - March 22nd, 2023
- What’s Up Your Nose & Zebra Attack in Ohio | SOTG 1180 - March 15th, 2023
- Concealed Carry Insurance & More w/ XINSURANCE feat. Rick J. Lindsey | SOTG 1179 - March 8th, 2023
- Drop your Phone and Fight: Woman Fights Off Gym Attacker in Tampa | SOTG 1178 - March 1st, 2023